Reply To: Chianti Wine Tasting – Suggested Self Guided Tour?

Laurync

Hi Michael, thanks for your quick response. Here are my answers to your questions. Let me know if I don’t fully address anything:

1. We will be in Chianti for 5 days. We would like to spend at least one day wine tasting in chianti… Unless you think we are doing ourselves a disservice by not doing more. We also plan to get down to Sienna and the surrounding areas to do wine tasting on another day. We do not have any agenda – so can be flexible to go during the week.
  2. I am with you, 3 is usually a good number for one day.
  3. I would prefer small family run wineries. We are originally from Northern California, so this isn’t our first rodeo. Haha. We have seen plenty of big wineries and are excited to feel a little more italian charm. Our biggest problem, however, is that none of us speak Italian. I don’t know if that is a problem with the smaller places. But again, we are flexible if you feel there are some bigger ones not to be missed.
  4. We are open to hiring a driver if the price is right. Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

One last thing- depending on the wineries you suggest, I wonder if you have a recommendation for a great place to eat along the way? Maybe we could do one winery before lunch and two after…or something.

Thanks again!