- 31 Mar 14 at 2:00 PM #6252
Very interested in your suggestions for a few cellar, enoteca, restaurant, et al. visits in Piemonte and around the Alba Truffle Festival.
Ardent home cooks, we are staying with ristorati da Torino in Cassano Belbo with professional kitchen for 10 nights from the 20th of October 2014, then moving into Alba apartment for the festival over that weekend before flying out of Milan on the 3rd of November.
More interested in the Produttori and Fratelli Seghesio level winemakers, though we’ll visit some of the big guys, too.
Also, appreciated your piece on shipping wines home. Plan to try that out with our two bag “Free” bonus from United.
- 1 Apr 14 at 9:47 AM #6280
Monforte d’Alba has 2 great places. Barolo Bar right in centro is a great place for lunch, drinks and just to hang out, I believe they do dinner too! Great wine list and apps!!
The other place is up the hill past the church, Case della Saracca. this place opens at 5:30 with a full (FREE) spread on their bar. Great food! A very nice BAROLO by the glass list along with full wine list. We had dinner there the first time and it was very good, they have a full menu with the dining room spaced out going up several levels. Very modern!
Hope this helps!
- 1 Apr 14 at 5:36 AM #6256
We were just in the Langhe this past November (as well as May 2012). This last trip we visited many producers. Our favorites included Oddero and Silvio Grasso in La Morra; Cavalotto and Paolo Scavino in Castiglione Falletto; GD Vajra in Barolo; and Sottimano in Nieve. All spectacular wines and fabulous people.
There are some really fantastic restaurants in the area!
- Massimo Camia in Barolo is our absolute favorite! The chef is amazing and during truffle season, those dishes are just that much better.
- In La Morra – More e Macine is good for lunch
- In Bra – Boccondivino, this is where the Slow Food is located.
- Ristorante Bovio in La Morra is white table cloth, excellent food, top notch service. Also in La Morra is Osteria Vignaiolo – this place is not only good for dinner, but lunch as well!
We shipped a case home via United our last trip. It was so easy to do. The MBE is right on Corso Europa – we were in an out of there with our shipping carton in less than 10 minutes! Just remember to bring some sort of fat permanent market to mark fragile, this end up, your name etc… We were able to grab one when we were in Bologna but just easier to have one with you.
- 20 May 14 at 6:14 AM #6392
WONDERFUL!! Great tip on the marker, btw
Many thanks, Clare & Michael- Very helpful. Any experience with any of these Restaurants & Wineries recommended by a local:
- Trattoria “CAMULIN” – 3, Via Fratelli Negro 12054 Cossano Belbo tel. +39 0141- 88126
- Restaurant “DA BARDON” – 25, Via Valle Asinari 14050 San Marzano Oliveto tel.0141831340
- La coccinella http://www.trattoriacoccinella.com/ THIS IS OUR FAVOURITE
- La gallina Sversa Osteria Gallinasversa Due
- Ristorante La Stazione http://www.ristorantestazione.com/it/home.php
- La casa delle Saracche Monforte d’Alba http://www.saracca.com/
- La Contea di Neive http://www.la-contea.it/
- Momenti di Vino http://www.osterieonline.it/Momenti-di-Vino/index.cfm
- Il maiale pezzato http://www.maialepezzato.it/index.html
- FORTETO DELLA LUJA http://www.fortetodellaluja.it/ CORDERO DI MONTEZEMOLO http://www.corderodimontezemolo.com/en/
- GIGI BIANCO http://www.gigibianco.it/EN/index.php
- GIACOSA http://www.giacosa.it/en/winery/and-the-winecellar/
- NEGRO GIUSEPPE http://www.negrogiuseppe.com/
- FONTAFREDDA http://www.fontanafredda.it/web/home/ a Serralunga d’Alba
- CASCINA CUCCO http://www.cascinacucco.com/en/index.html
- CERETTO http://www.ceretto.it/
Do you like this Forum topic?
Like it on Facebook
Reply to this Topic
You must have a Dall'Uva Forum account and be signed-in to reply to this topic.
Use your Facebook, Google or Yahoo account to automatically Sign-In and Register now:
No Facebook, Google or Yahoo account?
No problem! CLICK HERE to Register or Sign In the standard way.